2006-08-08

delayed memification

Will tagged me, like, a generation ago but I'm just getting around to this meme:


1. One book that changed your life:
Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Lord of the Rings by Tolkein

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Bible. Any version but the Good News or the Message.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Shopgirl by Steve Martin made me blow hot coffee through my nose in a Fort Worth, TX coffeeshop.

5. One book that made you cry:
Plainsong by Kent Haruf

6. One book that you wish had been written:
What exactly does this question mean? Well here's a book I wish had been written: Messier Spirituality. Unfortunately, Mike Yaconelli died before he could write it, but I'll bet he had an outline done.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Future Grace by John Piper. My sincere apologies to all you Piper fans, but the guy just does not get it.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name by Heather Lende

I'm not tagging anyone, but I'll bet mis_nomer would have some interesting answers.
Posted to:

No comments: