2006-08-17

whoa, where am i: a prelude

This week I learned that my request for vacation time was approved.

The journey begins on September 10th (hopefully the 9th, but we'll see). My* plan is to return home on or about the 23d.

In between I will be posting pictures of various places on my journey (which for the first half will consist of generally westward travel, with a general about face toward the east in the second half).

As opportunity affords, I will post pictures of interesting or perhaps not so interesting places and you can try to guess where I am.

Since I have no more than a vague idea of where I'm headed (the only partial "plans" I've made are for in-person visits to three bloggers on my roll... and you three better keep those lips sealed), the pictures will be almost as much a surprise to me as they are to you.

No prizes are involved, mostly because I'm blowing my wad of cash (such as it is) on the trip itself. But you will be able to keep track of my itinerary. And I suppose if you live generally west of me, you could offer to let me crash at your pad**. There's a prize right there (ahem).


*You'll notice that I'm speaking in the first person singular. It is true, I'm flying solo. At least one reader wondered if this indicated trouble at home. Nope, not at all. It is a function of two new jobs with incompatible vacation paramaters. In fact, my wife and kids are currently eight days into their own road trip, and when she returns in a couple of days, it will be without the girls who will be spending a few days with the grandparents. Yes, you needed to know all that.

**That was a joke, but now that I think of it, maybe it would be fun. Anyway, I don't really need to crash at your place, but if you want to suggest your locale as a possible stop on my trip, feel free to do so via email [jvjannotti at gmail dot com] and not through the comments button. I can't make any promises other than I will consider all requests (if any).





Posted to:

No comments: