2006-07-16

how great is this? ...for me, that is

Most of you gentle readers don't live anywhere near here, which is unfortunate.

Why? You ask. Because a new store opened about a month ago in the neighboring town of Douglassville. It's called "A Taste of Italy" and it's awesome!

The family that opened up the store hails from Staten Island, NY where they owned a whole bunch of stuff... restaurants, bakeries, you name it. Now they're here.

They make their own Canoli... and not the fake kind with pastry creme in the center, but the real thing with Ricotta Cheese.

Prosciutto, Sopressata and all those other Italian deli meats.

They have prepared foods too, like roasted peppers, Eggplant Parmigiana, even Pulled Pork (and before you westerners start scoffing, you ought to come out here and taste it).

Plus they have that italian cookie extraordinaire: the seven layer cookie.

Oh my goodness! You've got to help me! I can't stay away from the place. Good thing I've been working almost every day because, 1. It keeps me from going there all the time, and 2. It's a workout to deliver mail, so I burn the extra calories and 3. I'm making the money that is funding my newfound habit.

Too bad they're closed right now. I'm getting hungry.



Posted to:

No comments: