2005-08-28

the meme that won't die

1. Number of books you have owned: uh. Why is this question in here? I have no idea. A lot, okay. A whole lot.

2. Last book I bought: Uh, just wait right there a minute. I have to go check... Okay, I'm pretty sure it's the book I'm reading now, The Body Artist by Don DeLillo.

3. Last book I completed: I just finished Waxwings by Jonathan Raban a few days ago. A brief review is posted in my recent reads section.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me: (in no particular order)
A Prayer For Owen Meany -- maybe my favorite novel. Everybody seems to be talking about this one all of a sudden. I have to read it again but I keep on sticking other books in front of it on the pile. Ah, life.

Lonesome Dove. So great. Gives Owen a run for his money.

In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen.

Messy Spirituality by the late Mike Yaconelli. I miss him.

The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis, especially The Horse and His Boy.

Thanks to Educat for tagging me. Update: Looks like Zalm tagged me too, sort of.

I can't tag five people but I can tag one, Mr. Stephen Shores.

Posted to: psyche | books

No comments: