2005-12-29

hi, my name is jim and i'm a bookaholic or: the twelve books of christmas

There is nothing more exciting than a bunch of books for Christmas (except maybe an autographed collectible movie script). I received gift cards from my brother, my parents, and a couple in our church this Christmas. Every cent of that gift money is now spent... all on books. I know, I'm sad.

Actually, no, I'm quite happy. Here's the list of books added to my library since December 25th... (alpha by author, of course)


The Memory of Old Jack
by Wendell Berry

Lost In My Own Backyard by Tim Cahill

Petroleum Man by Stanley Crawford

We Are Still Married by Garrison Keillor (signed first edition[!] from my pal Will)

The Light of the Falling Stars by J. Robert Lennon

The Forest for the Trees: An Editor's Advice to Writer's by Betsy Lerner

The Green House by Mario Vargas Llosa

The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty

Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller

Drinking Coffee Elsewhere by ZZ Packer

Your Call Is Important To Us by Laura Penny

Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie


Gotta go, lots of reading to do. Peace out.



Posted to:

No comments: