2005-12-05

my poor blue baby

My blue baby is sick.

It happened yesterday [ed.-blogger was down for something like 5 or 6 hours Monday night which is why I couldn't post this in a timely manner. That, and I was incapacitated by sorrow] Sunday, just before worship, let's say 9:28am. BK was giving the announcements and I was checking the tuning on my beautiful cobalt blue stratocaster. I noticed that the tuner on my Digitech effects processor was not picking up a strong enough signal. I assumed it was a bad instrument cable which, since my only spare was at home, was still a problem. I wound up having to play my Martin acoustic through the Digitech. It actually sounded kinda cool, even with the distrortion.

Following our morning services I packed Blue in her case, picked up the suspect cable and the RP 10 and brought them all home just to make sure it was as I suspected.

It was not the cable.

It wasn't the RP unit either.

Something is wrong with my guitar and now it's in the shop.

I had to leave her there all alone. It will be seven to ten days before I can hold and play with my blue baby again. Sympathize with me!

Thankfully, a member of our church owns a music store. He was nice enough to let me borrow a Gibson SG for the next week. It will do, I suppose. But Mr. StratoRepairDude better get to work, or...

I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue thinking about you.
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won't mean a thing if you're not here with me.


Hurry back, Blue.

Technorati tags: |




No comments: