2006-01-11

israel to pat: go home

I think forgiveness is in order for Pat Robertson. We who believe in a God of Mercy should leave all judgment to that God, who will deal with Mr. Robertson.

Nonetheless, it is hard for me to read a story like this one without smiling. Our words have consequences. They can build up or they can tear down. I'll recycle a quote from Andrew Solomon which helped to inaugurate this blog:

I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good.





How about if we all, including Mr. Robertson, major in words of that kind.


And besides, the whole idea of a Christian theme park (thanks to Kevin for pointing this out, I had no idea until he referred to it in a comment) in Israel is... well, too dumb for words, in my opinion.



No comments: