2006-01-05

litany of the lasts

Every Thursday at 8am for the last year and a half, I have led a bible study at a diner here in town. Today was the last of those. We finished the book of Genesis. They gave me gifts: a gift certificate to the best little coffee/pastry shop north of the Schuylkill river plus a monetary gift large enough for my wife and me to enjoy a decent night out. I don't remember the last time we had one of those.

The gifts were folded into a card. It was presented to me by the one Unitarian in the group who said, "with great honor and much love we present this to you with our thanks for your efforts to enlighten us about God's word."

Okay, maybe I didn't get it exactly, but that's pretty darn close to what he said.

Also this week, my last visits to homebound parishoners and, as I mentioned earlier, my last funeral.

Say! Early Monday morning (or late Sunday night) if you think of it, send up a prayer for me. I could use it.




Posted to:

No comments: