A few people have done this over at Eric's place, and I'm not gonna tag anyone so, "If you want it here it is, come and get it." (extra points if you can name the composers and the original performers of that tune-- they're not the same).
Okay, here are Eric's instructions, direct from his own Web Blog...
The questions are simple and few:
- Pick one of your favorite blogs (not including your own; we'll get to that), and suggest a theme song for it. Explain.
- If your blog (see, I told you) had a theme song, what would it be? Explain.
- If your blogging career suddenly collapsed into a steaming mass of putrid refuse because of your inability to cope with its worldwide popularity, and your friends decided to try to revive your spirits by putting on a benefit concert*, which musical artist(s) would you hope that they would invite? Explain.
1. Pick one of your favorite blogs and suggest a theme song for it: I have a few favorite blogs, and Eric himself picked the one I would have suggested for this meme. So, I have to pick another... Ramblin' Educat is subtly funny in that educator sort of way. Sophisticated yet not afraid to be goofy. Her song is "What Are Words For" by Missing Persons because... 1.) I'm sure she knows this song and can sing it by heart. 2.) She's a teacher and she lives this song every darn day, and 3.) Her blog puts words to excellent use.
2. If serotoninrain had a theme song, what would it be: I wanted to pick His Cheeseburger to stay with Eric's Veggie Tales theme but that's taking the whole appropriation thing way too far. That's almost stalker-like. I can't do that. So the theme song here will be: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything by, um, Relient K ;-|
3. If your blogging career suddenly... friends...benefit concert... you hope they invite: What career? What friends? The one group I would want invited would have a seriously hard time making it as two of the members are dead. So... We'll skip the Beatles and go with U2, PFR, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Collective Soul (though they'd have to let Ross Childress back into the band if they wanted to play, which, I'm sure they would!) and we'd cap off the evening with Phil Keaggy, The Wrath of the Mosquito, and Political Suicide doing a combined set. For an encore we'd get all Live-Aid/8 like and have all the artists come out and sing "Be Nice to Jim" to the tune of "We Are the World."
Okay, who's next?
Note that if you don't have a blog, Megan, you can still participate. Just substitute "job" for "blog" in question 2 and leave out "blogging" in question 3. If you don't have a job or a blog, make something up.
*The footnote is on Eric's original post. I could have just deleted the asterisk but that would have been way too easy.