2005-10-04

word! of the day

Found a great quote today, but first a bit of redirection: Meg at Bridget Jones Goes to Seminary wrote a post about domestic violence. If you're suffering in an abusive relationship or know someone who is, read what she has to say. It's a good bit of needed myth busting about an important topic.

I was impressed right from the beginning of the post and decided to quote Meg over here. Her opening bit of wisdom, while not directly related to domestic violence, nonetheless has broad implications in a world full of people with messiah complexes:



"While I would love to save the world,
I think Jesus beat me to it.
Following in His footsteps means that
I pick my battles carefully and invest deeply."




Go and do likewise. Thanks for the good word, Meg.

No comments: