2005-10-30

your average meme

Eric demonstrates a thorough knowledge of basic statistical concepts with this meme. You're right, Eric. It's mode. It could also be median, but the average person probably thinks in terms of simple frequency of occurrence when they participate in the average meme.

For the sake of simplicity...

According to this book the average Amercian...
(overstrikes mean I personally fall outside the bounds on that particular item)

  • Eats peanut butter at least once a week
  • Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky
  • Can name all Three Stooges
  • Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart
  • Eats at McDonald's at least once a year
  • Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day
  • Never sings in the shower I caught myself doing this today, actually.
  • Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium
  • Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000I don't own a home.
  • Has fired a gun...and never will.
  • Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall
  • Weighs 135 to 205 pounds
  • Is between the ages of 18 and 53
  • Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option)
  • Grew up within 50 miles of current home Nearly, I now live 54 miles from my childhood home.

Well, that was fun. Guess I'm not that average. Dang.

I, too, copied the non-standards compliant (whatever the heck that means) source code from him as he did from the others.

No comments: