2006-04-11

dude, where's my laptop

UPDATE:Strange Culture checks in with a reference to blog author RC's post on this topic.

Woah! Here's a scary article from the San Francisco Chronicle about laptop theft. This isn't an "I went to the bathroom and when I came back my laptop was, just, like, gone dude!" story. Not at all...

"I looked up, and I saw this guy leaning into me as if he was asking a question,'' he said. "I leaned forward, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone fiddling with the computer cord. I tried to stand up, and as I stepped back, he stabbed me in the chest.' "


I know when I go to my favorite notebook spot at my favorite local coffeehouse, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. I might actually just hand the thing over, though the crooks might refuse it. It is a windows machine after all.



Posted to:

No comments: