2006-04-26

oops, i accidentally said exactly the same thing you said and made a mint doing it. i sorry.

You know how sometimes when you write something that you realize later just happens to use the same exact words in pretty much the same order as someone else's previously published book? Oopsy.

Hey, stuff like this must happen all the time, right? I mean, there are only so many words in the English language. Well, apparently it did happen.

Says the young auteur, I "wasn't aware of how much I may have internalized Ms. McCafferty's words."

Uh huh. Sucks to be her, I guess. It's still called plagiarism.

This is gonna do a lot for Harvard, I can tell.


P.S. OTOH, check out the last quote in the article, where the publisher of McAfferty's book speaks out...

"This has been an enormous distraction for Megan," Ross said. "It's been a very, very difficult and devastating couple of weeks for her."


Cut me a brrrrrreak.




No comments: