2006-09-24

bursting the travel bubble

I went nuts at the Grand Canyon gift shop and bought something for everyone in my household, myself included. My gift to myself was a mug, a beautifully crafted ceramic number with a southwestern design scheme featuring little petroglyph-ish horses doing laps around the outside and "Grand Canyon" in a plain-yet-lovely script on the inside. This same mug is presently employed in the containment of some french roast coffee I am sipping.

So, yesterday when I returned home, I doled out the gifts--to the delight of everyone I'm sure. Minutes later my wife, my soulmate, my bestest friend in all the world picked up the mug and, reading from the pricetag which I had neglected to remove, called out in a loud, clear voice:

"made in China."



Posted to:

No comments: