2006-09-28

serotoninmix

Julie posted a mix of hers and I wouldn't denigrate her idea by calling it a meme, but it is sort of like that. This link will take you to her main blog page because for some reason, I can't get a post page. At the moment her mix post is the top one (as an aside, I'm not sure why I was surprised to see that Julie is into Philip Glass. I must have missed her post about him back in May).

This is a cool idea. I like it much better than those random iPod posts people were so heavily into some months back. In fact, it's so cool that I think I'll share my own perfect mix. This one kicks a##, IMHO. It took an effort of will not to grab this disc every time I opened the CD case on The Road Trip:

  1. Learning to Fly by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  2. Saturday by The Judybats
  3. The Way by Fastball
  4. Singing In My Sleep by Semisonic
  5. Still Greater by Joel Hanson
  6. Makin' Some Noise by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  7. When I Believe It by Dogs of Peace
  8. Turn to Me by Political Suicide
  9. Secret Smile by Semisonic
  10. Out of My Head by Fastball
  11. In the Event by Dogs of Peace
  12. Steam by Peter Gabriel
  13. Innocent Man by Tony Congi
  14. Secret World by Peter Gabriel
  15. It's You Jesus by PFR
  16. Cry Holy by Sonicflood

And now, of course, I'll have to make another mix. This time I'll put some Beatles and some Phil Keaggy on it. Oh yeah! Or perhaps I'll find the obscure, and only, recording of PFR doing a Beatles song with Phil Keaggy (yes, there is such a recording... here's a sample).



Posted to:

No comments: