2006-10-18

completely unrelated things for which i can't come up with a catchy all-encompassing title

This morning while lying awake and hoping the phone wouldn't ring (it did, but it was not the post office), I overheard Matt Lauer talking about a list of 101 Most Influential People Who Never lived. Turns out he was talking about this new book.

Intriguing, though I don't think I'll read it. Maybe I'll skim it to find out the reasoning behind their choice of The Marlboro Man for #1. What's up with that? I can think of lots of more influential non-existent people. Moreover, apparently some of the mythical beings on the list are not actual people, like the Loch Ness Monster (besides, the Loch Ness Monster does exist, as everyone knows).

Since we've dealt with that, let's move on to another thing I'll never use; though I can see why it would be useful. It's called Deliveo, a freely downloadable betaware program for sending and tracking large files without choking your poor recipient's email inbox.

Here's the about page, and here's the Deliveo blog, where you can find an interesting post titled 11 Fun Things to Do With Deliveo. For example:

Your powerpoint [or photoshop] masterpiece is poised for greatness, impress your boss [or YLB] with your ingenuity and Dliveo it to your [blog readers] audience before the big [next random Thursday post] meeting.


It looks to me like you can only use Deliveo to send large files to fellow Deliveo users, but that makes sense, I guess. If anyone wants to partner to try it out, let me know. I have some great Grand Canyon pics I could send you.



Posted to:

No comments: