2005-11-10

dearest pat does it again

You'd think the guy would learn when to stuff a sock in it, but NOOOOOO!


Pat Robertson:


"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city, And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there,"



Yep. I can hear God now. "You buncha jerks voted the supporters of Intelligent Design off the school board, so I'm takin' my marbles and goin' home. Harrrumph."

My goodness Pat, do you think the LORD is as small minded as you?

Well, I don't.


*For those who are interested, I believe in a Creator and I believe that there ought to be culturally sanctioned ways for the stories of the Creator's action in history to be shared and passed down. I also believe we live in a democracy where the public has the right to vote. Sometimes you're not in the majority and you lose. Mr. Robertson doesn't seem to have grasped that fact.

No comments: