2005-11-17

google underestimates it's own popularity

One thing was obvious to me the other day when I learned via Micro Persuasion that google analytics was available for free: it was going to be overrun with signups.

I was correct. I signed up immediately and still don't see statistics telling me the massive numbers of readers and visits I do not have. I guess my humiliation will have to wait for Google's servers to catch up to demand.

Apparently Google was surprised, as this article at PC World suggests.

That Google fumbled the launch of this service is hard to believe, given the company's profile and resources, Extreme Software's Kawira said. "They should have known they were going to have a huge amount of people sign up," he said.


In other words, "duh!"

Technorati tag:
Posted to:

No comments: