2005-11-17

don't let anyone look down on you because of your youth

This story is old, I guess, but it just appeared on Findory and it's news to me.

Britney Gallivan is the kind of young woman I stayed far away from in high school: way smarter than I'll ever be. (Somewhere along the line I dropped that rule as my wife will doubtless attest).

She figured out how to fold a paper in half twelve times (conventional wisdom states that more than 8 times is impossible) using single or alternating direction folding, I don't know how she did it. I can't even decipher the webpage on which the whole thing is explained. But there is a picture on it of Britney herself with what looks like A PERFECTLY FOLDED FITTED SHEET!

...although I guess it's paper. She's got the math all worked out. Apparently she's no slouch at economics either; if you want her explanation of how she solved the problem it's gonna cost you.

Way to go Britney!

No comments: